Friday 14 December 2012

Last week of Adventures

Hey loyal readers, a.k.a Mom. This has been my last week/weekend in London, and I could not have asked for a better way to say goodbye to this city that I have grown to love. But, enough of that, I will post again next week after I have had time to reminisce about the experience. It will be my finale, and your final excuse to stop reading my blabbing.

Anyways, this past Saturday (Dec. 8th), me, Leslie, and Mike made our way to Abbey road, where the Beatles famously recorded. We literally walked the entire length of the street until we found the studio, and the famous crosswalk that they shot at for their album cover. It was hilarious to see all of these tourists walking across the crosswalk while there friends and family took pictures at the same time. I should add that this is a very busy street, and Londoners are not very patient with the tourists blocking the intersection. Here is me and Leslie crossing the street. I am way more enthused than she is.

I'm Ringo, she is John.
After that, we went to Notting Hill Gate and met Alex and Liz at Portobello Road market, which is a very cool area. We walked around for a bit, looking at all the little shops. Then we made our way to Waterloo, which is where the London Eye is. We didn't go on it, but there was a huge festival going on, and we walked around there for a while. After that, we all went home, and got ready to go out.

Sunday was boring for me. I had to do laundry, I was out of socks. And I need socks. So, I did that, and then I took a BIG walk to Muswell Hill and met Naeem for lunch. I walked into a few stores, trying to find a good book for my dad since I haven't bought him anything other than a few pebbles from Berlin, but there was nothing he hasn't read. So, I went back to the house, and watched some T.V and watched my lovable band of losers, a.k.a the Bills, throw away there season (not that it wasn't already gone). Oh well, there is always next year, and there is only a few more months until baseball season!!!!!!!

"I wonder if they serve hot chocolate..."
On Monday, after work, we went to the Hyde Park festival. It was this big winter festival with lots of candy shops and fun carnival-type rides. On Wednesday, we had a class meeting at Gower street (our last) to get our last stipends and hand in course evaluations and host family evaluations. On Thursday night, Leslie and I went to the Ice Hotel to have a drink at the Ice Bar. It is exactly what it sounds like: a bar made out of ice. Here are some pictures. It was a ton of fun!

Today, it's business as usual, my last day at work. I have to finish up some packing, and then we are staying out all night, and then jumping in our cab to Heathrow at 6 AM! My flight isn't until noon, but everyone else flies out at 10:30, so I wanted to go to say goodbye and not have to pay full price for a cab by myself haha.

Anywho, I'll write again after my jet lag is gone and I've settled back in at home.

Here is a quote from one of my favourite people, Amy Poehler:
Wooohooo! Ice Bar!
I cannot stress enough that the answer to life's questions is in people's faces. Try putting your iPhones down once in a while, and look in people's faces. People's faces will tell you amazing things. Like if they are angry, nauseous, or asleep.

Cheerio mates! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! I'm a loyal reader :(
    I can't believe your time there is already over. Hope you had the time of your life and I can't wait to hear all about it!
    Have a safe flight home
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete