Sunday 18 November 2012

Dublin!

The gang at O'Sheas Restaurant
Hello, friends! Hope you all had a great weekend! I am so happy to be done with classes. It's a nice change from what I'm used to, and who doesn't love finishing classes? On Thursday, me, Liz, Leslie, Mike, and Alex left for Dublin. Everything went smoothly, and as soon as we were done settling in at the hostel, we went and got some dinner. Then, we walked to The Temple Bar area, which is where all of the bars and pubs are in Dublin. It's a very famous area, and every bar we went to had live music, which was great. We didn't stay out too late because we wanted to walk around all day Friday.

Me and my empty glass.
We started Friday by going towards the Jameson Whiskey distillery. It was a really cool spot, but we didn't go inside. We kinda just wanted to look around. After that, we visited the famous Guinness Beer warehouse. After this blog, I think you are all going to think me and my friends are alcoholics, but I promise that is not the case. The factory was really cool, they explain the whole process of making the beer and how they ship it out. Plus, at the end, they give you a free pint! As much as I wanted to like the beer, I really couldn't. I prefer light beer, and I just let Liz finish mine; she likes it a lot more than me.
Leslie, with Alex for arms
Outside the famous Temple Bar
After the tour, we walked around the city for a while, and then we went back to the hostel to nap. After our nap, we got ready and went out for dinner. Then, we met up with some of the freshman from our program and we joined them on a pub crawl through Dublin. It was soo much fun. Each place was so different, and the music was awesome. We spent the majority of the night dancing and using each other for arms. See the photo to see what I'm talking about haha. On Saturday, we checked out of our hostel, and spent the rest of the day walking around and enjoying the city one last time. Dublin really is a beautiful city, I highly recommend going. We had an awesome weekend overall.

Today, I slept in, took a shower, and bought some groceries. Because my Bills played Thursday (and won!), there's no football, but I'm going to catch up on some T.V and read my book. Also, I will be reading the most recent issue of People magazine, which features the sexiest men of 2012. I'm still made that my husband, Jake Gyllenhaal hasn't won yet. It's a disgrace. Also, please wish my mom, Susan, a very happy birthday! She is the best person ever, so you will all feel guilty if you don't wish her a happy birthday. In all seriousness, she is the best mom, and deserves the best. After all, she's the Duchess for a reason. Love you Suzie!

Anyways, this week is going to be really fun! I start work tomorrow, and then on Tuesday, I'm seeing Les Miserables. On Wednesday, a bunch of us are going ice skating at Canary Wharf. I'm going to teach Naeem how to skate, so it should be interesting. On Thursday, I'm celebrating Thanksgiving with Jen and her friends, which I'm really looking forward to. Other than that, there isn't much else to report.

In the words of my mom, "eat your salad before it gets cold!"

See you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment