Thursday 8 November 2012

Fun time with Adam!

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend and a good week so far. Sorry it has been a few days since my last post, but exams are right around the corner, and I will be going into hibernation starting tomorrow. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this term, it basically means that I will not be in contact with the outside world until exams are over. This word was coined by my loving mother during my last year of high school when she would basically imprison my sister and I during exams. I learned a lot about my mother from this act: she is a hypocrite. Don't lie mom, we all know you cheated off of dad on your exams. It's ok, I still love you for forcing me to study hard, because without you and dad, I wouldn't be studying abroad in London.

Anyways, this past weekend was really fun. I got to spend all day Sunday with my brother Adam! It was so great to see him! We met around 11, and got some breakfast. After that, we made our way to the Tower of London, and walked around there a little while. We saw the Crown Jewels, and the spot where Anne Boleyn (Henry VIII's wife that he divorced his first wife for) was beheaded. After the tower, we made our way to the Tate Modern. Adam and I felt very ignorant (his words) while in the gallery. Last time we were there, we saw a piece of art that was literally just a can full of the artists poop. I'm not lying to you. We looked for it, but it wasn't there. After that, we made our way to the London Eye. We hopped on, and about a third of the way up, we both started to feel a bit nauseous. Too bad for us, we still had 20 minutes to go. We sucked it up, and after that, we went back to his hotel to freshen up for dinner. We met Adam's friend Jen for dinner at Hakassan, which is an amazing Asian restaurant. Thanks mom! Then, we said our goodbyes! It was an amazing day, but it did make me miss my whole family, especially since Thanksgiving is coming up.

In some big news, my amazing Adam was accepted to graduate school at Columbia, where he will study Business!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Gramps was still alive, I know he would be so proud and happy that his favourite (and only) grandson would be going to his alma matter.

This week has been about getting ready for exams, and working out my schedule for studying. I have a great plan worked out. I'm really excited for next week to be over, because me, Liz, Leslie, Alex, and Mike are leaving for Dublin on Thursday night! We are staying until Saturday, and I know we will have a ton of fun. Then, on Monday the 19th, I start my internship with B3 Creative. I know it's going to be hard, but very rewarding.

Other than that, there isn't much else to report. Wish me luck on my exams, and I promise I will blog once I get back from Ireland! Cheerio!

Here is a quote from one of my idols, Meryl Streep:
I want to feel my life while I'm in it.

So wise, Meryl.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog Lauren,It was so nice for you to be able to spend the day with Adam. We miss you and will be thinking of you on Thanksgiving, Have a wonderful time in Dublin and good luck with all your exams and internship. I was thinking the same thing about your Gramps, this would have meant a lot to him and he was so proud of all of you and loved you all so much!!!

    ReplyDelete