Thursday 29 November 2012

She works kinda hard for no money

Hey friends! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but nothing very exciting has happened to me in the past few days. I've just been busy at work. I'm doing a lot of research, most of it for potential new clients, but I also do research for helping B3 re-do their website. I helped create their site map, and ideas for a template. It's been pretty standard work, but I'm really enjoying working in a different environment than in the past, and Sarah and James are very fun to work with. They have helped me understand what they do better, and have helped me improve my writing a lot.

This upcoming weekend, Leslie and I are going to Edinburgh. We are only there for one night, but we are both very excited! We are going to go to Edinburgh Castle, do some hiking, and of course, go see, drink, and eat in the pub where J.K Rowling sat down to write the first HP book. Very exciting stuff for two geeks like us. I'll be sure to post again with some pictures after the trip.

But, next Tuesday is a very big day... It's my 21st birthday! I can't believe it is almost December already. I promise to post a really cheesy, sappy blog about my life after my birthday. Everyone in our little group is getting together on Tuesday night to celebrate, which should be fun.

Me, Leslie, and Mike are also potentially buying tickets to a football (soccer for all you Americans/Canadians) match next week. It's supposed to be Tottenham FC against some Greek team. I think that if it was a bigger deal, the tickets wouldn't be 20 pounds, and still available. But, oh well, we don't really care. It should be fun though.

Last week, I went to see the new Jennifer Lawrence/Bradley Cooper film Silver Linings Playbook. It was ok. The only reason I liked it was because the two leads were great. Bradley Cooper, as sexy as he is, is actually a surprisingly good actor. And Jennifer Lawrence was incredible. Prediction: she will get an Oscar nod for that role. Amazing.

On a different note, Leslie, Liz and I saw Twilight on Monday. I don't think it was meant to be a comedy, but Leslie and I were laughing through most of it. That's how bad it was. I will say that the last  hour was a little entertaining. It just looked so cheaply made for a franchise that makes so much money when a movie comes out. Oh well, no one will miss these now that they are gone!

Other than that, life is good. I'll write again soon!

Here is a quote from Silver Linings Playbook: 
I don't want to stay in the bad place, where no one believes in silver linings or love or happy endings.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment