Friday 31 August 2012

First weekend in London!

Hey everyone! So, Wednesday was my last first day of school :(. It was a little sad to think about, but I got over it pretty quickly when I realized how awesome my classes were going to be. My first class was Art and Architecture, where I learned that every Thursday, we go visit museums and galleries. How cool is that? Then, I had History, and I already know that it is going to be my favourite class! Our professor, Keith, is really funny and enthusiastic. I already have homework (frown), but it's not as overwhelming as SLU. 

The sign says "Shaftesbury Avenue".
On Thursday, my art class visited the British Museum, and saw the Parthenon exhibit. It was amazing! After that, we walked a while and went to Sir John Soane's museum. He has the most incredible collection of artifacts and paintings from years ago. That whole day was great, as we capped it off by going to the theatre. We saw a production of Chariots of Fire. The theatre was right near Piccadilly Circus, which is a really cool area. We walked right along a street called Shaftesbury Avenue. This is important to anyone who is a Harry Potter dork like me. If you remember, in HP 7 part 1, Harry, Ron and Hermione leave the Weasley's after being attacked, and they end up walking along a busy London street. Well, this is that street! Crazy, right? Anyways, we walked around for a bit, then ate at a horrible Chinese restaurant, and went to the show.

Our view from our seats!
When we were handing the usher our tickets, she said we were sitting on stage. And the whole group froze a little. We all thought we were being pranked, but it turns out, there were four rows of seats behind the stage, which was actually a pretty good place to sit. We weren't supposed to take pictures, but I am a bit of a rebel haha. Anyways, the show was really good, and after that, Julia and I went home and crashed. 

Today, the whole group was given a tour of the University of London Union, which is basically where all the student activities take place. I'm thinking about getting the gym membership, which is reasonably priced. After that, we had class, and then Julia, myself, and out friend Peter went to Harrods, which is a massive, high end, department store. Even though everything was way too expensive, it was cool to see all this stuff. Tonight, a bunch of us are heading back to Piccadilly Circus for some fun! I'll write again on Sunday!

Since its the weekend, I figured a Chelsea Handler quote would be applicable:
“There are two kinds of people I don't trust: people who don't drink and people who collect stickers.” 

Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Jolly good show, nice to see what you're doing, miss you!!!
    Love,
    Auntie J and Uncle A

    ReplyDelete