Tuesday 25 September 2012

Yay! Berlin!

Hey everyone! So, today I got some very exciting news! Me and my Study Tour Group (Liz, Leslie, and Alex) got our travel info and itinerary for our weekend trip to Berlin. We leave on Thursday and come back to London on Saturday, and we are going to see some amazing things, like the Berlin Wall, The Jewish Museum, and the Holocaust Memorial. Alex, who has been to Berlin twice and speaks some German, which will definitely come in handy, told me that the Holocaust memorial is breathtaking, so I am really excited. This week hasn't been too busy so far, but I've got a few assignments piling up because mid-terms are coming up (can you believe it?) I have a History mid-term quiz next Tuesday, and a journal for Art class due on Friday, as well as a 5 page film analysis. So, things are starting to add up! But, once it's all over, I get to go on an amazing fall break!

Later in the week, I'm going to buy theatre tickets to see Les Miserables. I've always wanted to see this show, so hopefully I'll be able to buy tickets. Also, Mumford and Son's (a folk/indie/soft rock band) is playing at the O2 in December, and tickets go on sale on Friday, so I want to check that out also.

Tomorrow is Yom Kippur, which is the Jewish holiday in which we fast for one day in remembrance of those who suffered. So, I will be cranky all day haha. But, when it comes time to break the fast, it will be a ton of fun, because Naeem will be coming with me to a pub called Five Bells, which is literally 100 feet from my house. At this pub, they have what is called the "Flaming Food Challenge". I will not be attempting this, but Naeem will. Here is what it entails:

  • Two 12 oz. beef burgers
  • Two breaded chicken breasts
  • Melted cheddar cheese
  • Bacon
  • Onions
  • Onion rings
  • Spicy beef chili
  • Chips (what you American's/Canadians call french fries)
Crazy right? If you eat it all, you get your picture taken and get placed on the wall of fame. I think I'm just going to get a steak or something, but I think it will be fun to watch Naeem try to take this down. Anyways, I'll blog again later this week about Berlin!

Here is a quote from the book I just started reading, On The Road by Jack Kerouac:

Sal Paradise: "The air was soft, the stars so fine, the promise of every cobbled alley so great, that I thought I was in a dream."

Keep in touch! Stay classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment