Friday 26 October 2012

Busy Bee!

Hey all! This week has been insane. I've been so busy doing schoolwork. But, I've only got 3 weeks of classes left! It is so crazy to think that! This week, I had to write a paper for art. I chose to write about portraits of 3 famous monarchs: Elizabeth I, Victoria, and Elizabeth II. Here is a quiz: name the 3 actresses who have played these queen's in these respective movies: Shakespeare in Love (Elizabeth I), The Young Victoria (Victoria), and The Queen (Elizabeth II). Answer in the comments section! Speaking of royalty, on Thursday morning, our history class met at the Churchill War Rooms which is a museum and exhibit dedicated to the rooms in which Churchill and his advisers met in during the Battle of Britain during WWII. While we were waiting outside, we saw a bunch of cops on motorcycles and in town cars drive past, and in the back seat of the awesome Bentley, we saw two older looking ladies who looked like they were Lizzy II's besties. Anyways, it was really cool to see something that you normally only see on the news right in front of you!

The actual Churchill rooms were amazing. A lot of them are still intact, but without their original furnishings. Dad, when you come back to London, you have to go! You would love it. Anyways, after that, me, Liz, and some of the freshman in our class went to grab lunch at a pub, and then we had art class in the National Gallery. We spent the class learning about perspectives and how to draw. I am so artistically challenged, and I found that whole afternoon very embarrassing. But, oh well, that's life.

Other than that, I've just been super busy with school work. I'm about to start working on a paper for history class on David Lloyd George, who was PM during WWI. Thrilling right? I also had a meeting today with the company I'm going to intern for at the end of the semester. It's called B3 creative, and there are only 2 full-time employees there. I was blown away by how much they have on their plates, and they do an amazing job. I'll be working from 10-4ish everyday, and they are super casual. I'm really excited to start there soon! Julia is in Whales seeing a friend from high school this weekend, so I'm going out with Naeem, Mike, Liz, Leslie, and Peter. Should be fun! I also bought a theater ticket to see Les Miserables! I'm so excited.

I'm also really excited to announce that my brother Adam is coming to London on November 3rd! I could literally not be more excited to see him! It's been way too long, and I miss him! Hopefully, we will be able to go to a really high end, and expensive Chinese restaurant and make my parents pay for it hhahahah! Sorry mom and dad. I would also like to wish my cousin Erin a very happy birthday! Love yah!

Here is a quote from one of my fav shows, the Office:
Jim: Does that include 'that's what she said'?
Michael: Mmmmm, yes.
Jim: Wow, that is really hard. You really think you can go all day long? Well, you always left me satisfied and smiling.
Michael: Mmmmm... THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

Cheers to the frickin' weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Judy Dench
    Emily Blunt
    Helen Mirren

    Daddy and I are happy to pay for dinner for you and Adam in London. Have a great time. I wish we were there with you. Great blog and I love you and miss you tons.
    Love
    MOM
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete